91 beaches nestling almost everywhere around of the Chios landscape; crowded or remote; cosmopolitan or unexplored; one thing is certain: they all have a story to tell! Unveil their secret by diving into their crystal blue Aegean waters or lying under the Chios sun on sand or pebbles. Choice is yours but definitely if you go around the island will find your story.
No one who loves the sea could ever leave Chios dissatisfied. You don’t want to go far from the town? The beaches of Ormos tou Lo (=Lo’s Bay) and Tagma Despoti are at your disposal. You are into sea sports? Bella Vista and Afanis Naftis (=Unknown Sailor) are perfect for wind surfing. You want to combine legend with pleasure? Swim at the beach of Daskalopetra, where Homer was supposed to sit on a stone and teach. “Daskalopetra” actually means “teaching stone”.
• If you like white pebbles, the endless beach of Yossonas, the Bay of Nágos and the crystal waters of Yaliskari await you a short distance from Kardamylla.
• Mavra Volia is an amazing beach with black pebbles. Go there to enjoy the magic of the volcanic scenery and the taste of fresh fish at the nearby tavernas at the picturesque Emporios village.
• For lovers of fine white sand, the cosmopolitan beach of Komi in the south of the island is a must.
• For families there is Lithi, southwest to the island 5 km from Vessa.
• If your ideal beach has crystal turquise waters and is remote, then Agia Dinami, close to Olympoi village, will blow your mind!
• If you fancy beach bars, enjoy yourselves in Lilikas to the south or in Limnia and Managros to the north.
• For the young of all ages, the pebbled beach of Agia Fotini, also known as Agia Fotiá (=Sacred Fire) is a must see and swim while Paralia ton Glaron (=Seagulls’ beach), with its turquoise waters and thick sand, host DJ sets.